The answers to most questions can be found on our website – take some time to browse, click on drop-down menus and links.  Current information and notices will normally be posted right on our front page which we refer to as our Borough Bulletin Board.  We encourage you to bookmark that page and visit often.  Our goal is to be as open and transparent as possible, and to keep our residents informed of important happenings in our community.

Where can I find Council meeting minutes and agendas?
Under the “Government” dropdown menu, hover mouse over “Borough Council” and you’ll see “Upcoming  Agenda and Associated Information” and “Council Minutes”.

What is the Municipal Service Fee (Now known as the Trash and Recycling Fee)?
The Municipal Service Fee, now known as the Trash and Recycling Fee, is the brown slip that you will receive in January and July. It was reduced for 2017 and will now be $95 twice per year instead of $125 twice a year.  As the name implies, the fee covers trash and recycling. Checks can be made out to Manheim Borough. Please remember to pay this separately from your water/sewer bill (white bill), and to be sure payment is physically received in the Borough office by the deadline stated on the bill in order to avoid late charges and penalties.

When is trash and recycling picked up, and are there other special pickups throughout the year?
Please visit our trash and recycling page or call into the Borough office at 717-665-2461 for additional information.

Who do I talk to about issues related to stormwater runoff or flood maps?
Please first check the Stormwater Management link at left as that contains valuable information and resources, including a link to FEMA Flood Maps which allow you to zoom directly into any property location.  If you still have questions, please contact:

Manheim Borough Office
15 East High Street
Manheim, PA 17545

Who do I need to contact regarding my sewer/water bill?
Manheim Borough Authority – Candace Hoover
18 East High Street
Manheim, PA 17545

Zoning and Building permit questions?
Visit our Zoning and Codes page, or contact our Code Enforcement Officer, Donna Czeiner
717-665-2461 x14

Who takes care of roadkill disposal?
Manheim Borough Public Works

Is open burning allowed in the Borough?
Open Burning is not permitted anywhere in the Borough.

SECTION F Open Burning

Who is responsible for maintaining curbs and sidewalks?
Property owners are responsible to maintain, repair, and replace any curb or sidewalk areas that are damaged or unsafe.
Please contact the Code Enforcement Officer for questions.
Code Enforcement Officer, Donna Czeiner
717-665-2461 x14


Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Upcoming Events