STORM WATER INLETS
In addition, please monitor the storm water facilities that you see or live near. If you see something that looks wrong or that is causing these facilities to be polluted or blocked, please call the Borough office at (717) 665-2461.
Examples of illicit discharges include:
- Sediment leaving a construction site during a storm or being carried out onto the public road
- Spills (Chemical, Gas, Oil)
- Illegal dumping activity into streams or storm water facilities
- Dry weather flows from outfalls into streams (at least 72 hours after a storm)
Storm Water Management – NPDES and MS4 Programs
- MCM 1 – Public education and outreach
- MCM 2 – Public participation and involvement
- MCM 3 – Illicit discharge detection and elimination
- MCM 4 – Construction site runoff control
- MCM 5 – Post-construction storm water management in new development and redevelopment
- MCM 6 – Pollution prevention and good housekeeping for municipal operations and maintenance
More information on this program is available from the Pennsylvania DEP website.PA DEP MS4 Resource Page
Chesapeake Bay Pollutant Reduction Plan
Click Here>> 2017-07-07 PRP Plan – DRAFT for Manheim Borough’s Chesapeake Bay Pollutant Reduction Plan, as required by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection in order to meet the terms of the 2018-2023 MS4 Permit Cycle.
Homeowner’s Guide to Stormwater
What residents can do…
- Properly dispose of water from your property (rainwater, pool water, sump pumps, etc.) – directing water runoff over grassy areas, and not into streets and gutters, is required whenever this option is possible.
- Do not wash your car in your driveway or in the street.
- Clean up after your pets.
- Use fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides correctly, beginning by using absolute minimum recommended application rates.
- Properly secure and store materials that could pollute storm water. When servicing your vehicle, do not allow oil, antifreeze, or other fluids to spill or drain onto any surface of the ground.
MANHEIM BOROUGH STORM WATER ORDINANCE
- July 13, 2020
- July 14, 2020
- July 20, 2020
- July 28, 2020
- August 3, 2020
- August 10, 2020
- August 11, 2020
- August 13, 2020
Time: 7:00 pm
at 7:00 pm
- August 17, 2020
- August 25, 2020
- September 8, 2020
- September 10, 2020
Time: 7:00 pm
at 7:00 pm
- September 14, 2020
- September 21, 2020
- September 29, 2020
- October 5, 2020